Pesto is the foundation of many a good meal. This recipe is simple and provides a foundation for quality ingredients to really shine on the plate.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 10 mins
Yield: 1 jar full
- 2 cups packed homegrown basil (or fresh as you can)
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts, cooled
- 1 cup grated Parmesan and/or Romano cheese
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/4-1/2 cup olive oil, depending on how creamy you want it
- Put the first four ingredients into a food processor. Pulse to blend.
- Slowly add oil through the feed tube to make a nice paste.